Don’t we all wish we could have some sort of easy remedy for perfect health and beauty? While that isn’t possible, and one needs to work (or workout) for it, there are some super foods you could start including your daily diet right away to feel the difference with the passing weeks. These food items help provide essential nutrients, fight diseases and contribute to your healthy calorie intake on a daily basis - while being extremely easy to source and prepare.
Of course, this list is in no way exhaustive. One must strive for a balanced diet covering all food families. What is most important is working our way towards a healthier diet pattern over the long term. A healthy diet with regular exercise is the way to sustained fitness and beauty.
If you aren’t already devouring them, here are 5 nutritious food items you should start eating right away -
1. Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants, fiber and keep you feeling full without being high in calories. They have high water content and help control blood sugar while the antioxidants keep you looking younger. So stock up on blueberries, strawberries, cranberries and raspberries this season. Your body will thank you for it!
2. Yogurt: Eating low fat or fat-free plain yogurt not only covers your daily calcium requirements, but partly also that of proteins and potassium. The healthy bacteria present in it are a blessing for your digestive system. Yogurt is a super food that is easy to make, yummy to eat, and mostly works well even for people who are lactose intolerant.
3. Walnuts: All nuts in general are high in calories, but the fat present in walnuts is the monosaturated kind, which makes them healthier. They help increase the good cholesterol (HDL) and reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL and triglycerides). Besides, walnuts are high in antioxidants and Omega 3 fatty acids making them excellent for heart health.
4. Apples: Apples are high in fiber, which helps keep the digestive system in good health and reduce bad cholesterol (LDL). The skin is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that work to keep you looking young and beautiful. They are the perfect diet food too if you are looking to lose weight. Eating an apple a day will make you feel fuller thus restricting the intake of unnecessary calories.
5. Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are extremely high in Omega 3 fatty acids and a must for anyone looking to maintain a lifelong healthy heart. They help reduce bad cholesterol and prevent heart disease like no other food item. Simply grind them raw or slightly roasted and add them to salads, veggies and yogurt or simply gulp down a spoonful with water every day.
Eat these and maintain a generally healthy lifestyle to avoid falling ill frequently. If you should face a serious health concern that restricts your mobility, consider the holistic care at a nursing home facility with expert staff to help you regain your health and fitness.
Take care of your health now. It will pay off in the long run.