The year 2013 is almost over and it is a time to evaluate the last year's lessons and chart a new course for the new year.
Sometimes there might be tough decisions ahead of you and you are looking for courage to face them. The decision making process is sometimes not as easy as you would like it to be. Because of the nature of these life changing events, you're bound to lose a little sleep over the big decisions.
Big decisions can cause serious stress in your life. Buying a house, getting married, loosing a loved one, moving across the country, quitting your job, expanding your family, moving your parent to an assisted living facility or dealing with an unexpected trial - these are all things that life brings at some point in our lives. If you're really struggling, here are a few ways to make the process a little easier on yourself as you work through all the possibilities.
1. Reflect on past difficult decisions and how you made them. The problems don’t have to be similar for the method to work the same. -Gentry Harvey
2. Meditate and listen to your instincts. ~Stacey Chandler
3. Set aside time to give careful thought to the decision. The worst thing you can do is act in haste. -Dana David
4. Ask yourself, “Who will it affect and what does my heart tell me?” -Phyllis McBride Molhusen
5. Imagine having made the decision. If you get a feeling of relief, that’s the way to go, even if it’s coupled with sadness. -Emma Gilding
6. Make mistakes and learn from them. -Sandra Leigh
7. Talk it through with friends. Then after you have gathered as much info as possible, decide and act! -Charlene Wood
8. Make a patient effort and have confidence in yourself as decision maker. Whatever choice you make is valid, as you can gain experience and wisdom through any experience, preferred or not. -Meagan Le Dagger
9. Go with your first instinct. The minute you second guess yourself or doubt your choice, then it goes all downhill from there. -Kelsey Walsh
10. If you find that you have to talk yourself into something, it is usually a bad decision. Good decisions usually feel right without much second-guessing. -Triana Avis
11. Make the small decisions with your head and the big ones with your heart. -Emily Keith