1. Some institutional cooking experience is required. Demonstrated and effective communication skills required. A current food handler's permit is also required.
2.Previous food production experience in a health care setting is preferred.
3. Able to execute large batch production recipes.
4. Excellent understanding of quality, scratch food production and fundamental cooking techniques
5. Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with residents and team members.
6. Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet time lines.
7. Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
8. Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
9. Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to residents.
10. Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
11. Strong work ethic and integrity.
12. Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
13. Available for some flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
14. Proficient in English.