Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, microwaves. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, including prep tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of the residents. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
1. Some institutional cooking experience is required. Demonstrated and effective communication skills required. A current food handler’s permit is also required.
2. Previous food production experience in a health care setting is preferred.
3. Able to execute large batch production recipes.
4. Excellent understanding of quality, scratch food production and fundamental cooking techniques
5. Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with residents and team members.
6. Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet time lines.
7. Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
8. Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
9. Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to residents.
10. Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
11. Strong work ethic and integrity.
12. Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
13. Available for some flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
14. Proficient in English.