Literature's Memorable Moms: Throughout literature, mothers are among the many characters beloved by readers. Peruse these memorable moms who come from the pages of classic novels.
- Mrs. Bennett with five daughters, this English matriarch from Jae Austen's " Pride and Prejudice" is anxiously preoccupied with ensuring they all marry well.
- Margaret March. Marmee, as she is called by her daughter, is kind and patient and provides wise counsel to Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy, the "Little Women" created by Lousia May Alcott.
- Caroline Ingalls. The real-life pioneer wife to Charles and "Ma" to five children was immortalized by daughter Laura Ingalls Wilder in her "Little House" children's books.
Memorial Day: Memorial Day is a time for remembrance and appreciation, a day to remember those who have gone before us and a day to honor the men and women who have died in the military service.
Read and Talk: Here, one of our wonderful residents reading and talking to our Memory Care residents.
Puzzling Together: Puzzles are a great way to encourage brain activity.
Happy Mother's Day: We appreciate and love all the wonderful moms in out community.
Easter Egg Hunt 2016: Our residents had so much fun seeing all the kids running around trying to find the easter eggs by our Bunny!!
Music Performances: A big thank you to "The Deci-Belle's" group for an amazing performance, our residents loved it!
Memory Care Loves music: One of our newer residents playing the accordion for all of us!
Bean Museum: Our Memory Care resident had the opportunity to visit the Bean Museum in Provo.
Birthdays: Happy Birthday to our funny and adventurous residents!
Wit and Wisdom: Some Quotes we love and live by!
- "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Mahatma Gandi
- "The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Let us go forward in this battle fortified by conviction that those who labor in the service of a great and good cause will never fail." - Owen Aruthur
- "Service to others in their time of need is a privilege and an honor." - Harley King
- "How can I be useful, of what service can i be? There is something inside me what can it be?" - Vincent Van Gough
- "Life is for service." - Fred Rogers
Check out past newsletters on our blog.
Would you like to come in and check out our activities first hand? Then schedule your appointment with our free consultation: