In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states. It wasn't until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.
During this season of Thanksgiving I often ponder the blessings that we enjoy, because we live in this beautiful land. The one that comes to my mind right away is the gift of Freedom. There is no other land like it and it was set up as a beacon for the rest of the world to see. Abraham Lincoln said it well in his Gettysburg Address on November 19, 1863.
"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." How wonderful it is to see the legacy of those that came before us and how wonderful it is to live in the time where we have so much to be grateful for. So today I want to share with you a few of the things I’m thankful for & I encourage you to take note of your blessings and share them with your loved ones as well.
- I’m thankful for my wife & my children. Their love and support is something that sustains me from day to day.
- I’m thankful for my faith in God. Life is much easier and so much better because of His guiding hand.
- I’m thankful to live in America, a promised land so richly blessed in many ways.
- I’m thankful for my friends, who have been there for me.
- I’m thankful for the trials and challenges of life that have humbled me.
- I’m thankful for the amazing men and women of our military who stand firm and continue to fight for freedom.
- I’m thankful for the favorable circumstances that allowed me to start our Bel Aire businesses over 15 years ago.
- I’m thankful for my staff, who turn Bel Aire into a home-like community and share their dedication with our residents who live here.
Wishing you blessings of prosperity, love & happiness on this Thanksgiving and always
President of Bel Aire Homes